Wednesday, February 8, 2012

A paper alternative for plastic cards!? Say goodbye to PVC, hello to paper!

I'm all about Creation Care.  I mean it!  We've got one planet to live on and pass on as a home to our children and I think we should do our best to take care of it!  If you agree you'll really love the Envi Card stock in the link below.

Without going off on much of a tangent, I'll say this. Ten or so years ago when I helped introduce one of the first FSC what's this? certified printing papers in the U.S. marketplace, I wanted to understand the buzz it was a part of: Corporate Social Responsibility, "Going Green", global warming/climate change and so on.  So I read a lot, listened a lot and learned a lot.  Not long after,  I became a mother, my interest piqued altogether.

About then my clients, who had buttered the paper mills' bread by printing beautiful marketing pieces disguised as financial documents called annual reports, were told by the SEC they no longer had to print & physically distribute them as long as they were available on the website.  Blah.

Now there was talk of annual reports being replaced by sustainability reports, and granted I have seen and worked on a number of interesting ones, but it's not the same.  At all.

I digress.  My point was, during the course of my self-education it became evident that my beloved paper WAS after all ever so "green" click here for these secret paper factoids and the real bad guys were those tyrannical monsters making plastic.  Whoever they are.  

But seriously, if we're talking about what happens in a landfill, our dear friend plastic is nowhere near as biodegradable as paper.  SO, if you ask me "paper or plastic?" well......

With that may I bring to your attention a totally recyclable paper substitute for PVC gift or loyalty cards we have just launched called Envi Card Stock.  This product is FSC-Certified, manufactured carbon-neutral AND prints beautifully.  What more could you want?  Contact me for samples or see more here. This is very exciting!

1 comment:

  1. Plastic card is essential for your business to be in lead...for that you require a quality plastic card printing service.

    ReplyDelete