Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Loving some letterpress...and the road warrior behind it!

Wow.  There has been a lot going on & I have so much to catch my paper friends up on.  First of all, before I forget, found out today about a really NEAT womentrepreneur coming through Atlanta next week.  It's Kyle Durrie and her letterpress shop on wheels go here to see more or catch her  Saturday February 18 at the Young Blood Gallery & Boutique, 636 N. Highland Ave. details.

The reason I'm so excited about Kyle's mission is there's no denying the beauty of lovely letterpress on just the right paper stock.  One of the industry favorites is Neenah Paper's Crane's Lettra.  We at Mac Papers proudly carry this as well as all Neenah's other paper lines (more on that in a minute)!  


What's special about Lettra, and my other favorite, Savoy from Reich Paper, is the fiber comes from cotton not from trees.  That means it's softer and fluffier and feels absolutely elegant.  Never mind how great it feels to write on.  Oh my!  I can always tell the difference.

So go see this woman and support her rolling history lesson, art show, and passion.  She will demonstrate printing on a variety of paper, but I'm most intrigued to see what movable type does to Reich Savoy 236 lb. COVER described here and sold through Mac Papers!!!

P.S.  The event was FABulous!!  Here are a few pictures:



No comments:

Post a Comment